Let’s face it, cleaning can be one of the most boring tasks we often have to do but nonetheless have to tackle. When it comes to our workplace, cleaning is not only necessary but also very important in order to have a more enjoyable and healthy environment that helps us become more productive.
If you want to clean your workstation, just follow these 6 easy steps:
- Find the correct cleaning supplies: Before you start cleaning, you need to have on hand all the necessary equipment for a thorough clean. Remember that safety is also important, so if you are going to clean a wide area make sure that you put up the correct signs and mark off the area, so there are no injuries.
- One wipe a day keeps the dust away: Some of the things that you will want to do daily is get rid of all unnecessary items and scraps of paper lying around. If there is any dirt that can’t be removed by hand, use a vacuum and target all the cubicles. Make sure to wipe any stains or spots you find on the floor, walls or any other surface.
- The weekly routine: Keep your office spotless every week by doing some simple, routine tasks. For example, empty the trash cans and put fresh, new bags. Dust all surfaces like desks, shelves, cubicles, vents, fans, ledges, doors and windows. Wipe office supplies with a wet cloth that has been moistened with a disinfectant spray. Finally, sweep the floors to dispose of any debris and then use a mop.
- The monthly procedure: An all-purpose cleaning agent can be very convenient to clean vertical surfaces. Keep your furniture – desks, tables, chairs, etc. – looking sleek and bright using a furniture polish. Also, make sure to clean wall-mounted units with a disinfectant cleaner and wipe windows to erase spots and fingerprints.
- The semi-annual procedure: There are some things that require a touch-up only one or two times a year. The floor tiles may get extremely dirty; therefore, it’s necessary to strip and recoat them to clear away any blemishes. Then, you will want to burnish the floor in order to get that “just finished” look. Also make sure to extract all the carpets, mats, upholstery, etc.
- Clean up stage: Great job, you managed to complete all the steps! Now all that is left to do is to clean up all the materials. Place all the supplies in the janitor’s cart and put them back where they belong. If there were some wet areas, make sure they are dry.